The Georgia Association of Physicians of Indian Heritage Scholarship is an annual need-based scholarship to one or more students to assist the student(s) with the cost of attending a University System of Georgia institution.
- The student must be enrolled full-time at a University of Georgia System institution at the time of award of the scholarship. Dual-enrolled students are not eligible. Preference will be given to a student pursuing an undergraduate degree.
- International and US citizen students are eligible.
- The student will have documented indication of financial need. Pell recipients are preferred.
- The student will carry an overall 2.75 or above grade point average at the time of applying for the scholarship.
- Preference will be given to students who exhibit a connection with India or have traveled to India during their lifetime.
- The selected students agree to attend the GAPI annual spring meeting to be recognized. Student expenses associated with travel to the annual meeting are the responsibility of the student, however, students are encouraged to work with their respective institutional scholarship office to determine if funds are available to assist with travel.
Five scholarships of $1,500 each will be awarded annually unless another amount is specified.
The student(s) will be selected based on an application process by an independent selection committee of no less than 3 persons who do not have a personal relationship with the candidates, and will be appointed by the Vice Chancellor for Development of the University System of Georgia Foundation.
The selected student(s) will be notified no later than December 31. The student will be asked to confirm attendance at the student’s selected institution.