The Georgia Association of Physicians of Indian Heritage Scholarship is an annual need-based scholarship to assist one or more students with the cost of attending a University System of Georgia institution.
- The student must be enrolled full-time at a University of Georgia System institution at the time of award of the scholarship. Dual-enrolled students are not eligible. Preference will be given to a student pursuing an undergraduate degree.
- The student will have documented financial need. Pell recipients are preferred.
- The student will carry an overall 2.75 or above grade point average at the time of applying for the scholarship.
- Preference will be given to students who exhibit a connection with India or have traveled to India during their lifetime.
- The selected students agree to attend the GAPI annual spring meeting to be recognized. Student expenses associated with travel to the annual meeting are the responsibility of the student, however, students are encouraged to work with their respective institutional scholarship office to determine if funds are available to assist with travel.
Scholarships of $1,500 will be awarded annually.
The student(s) will be selected by an independent selection committee.
The selected student(s) will be notified no later than November 30.